How To Leave In Style
To those who have ever been involved in a production themselves, it will come as no surprise to hear that performing a Year 6 leavers' musical is an amazing venture with many benefits which will send the children off in style.
As well as having rehearsals as a creative way to wind down from the school year, ahead of the intensity of Year 7, leavers' performances are more than an opportunity go out with a bang and fulfil many other purposes in the mean time by:
- bringing children together through a shared experience and time spent rehearsing
- reinforcing friendships on and off stage at a crucial, transitional time in the children’s lives
- serving as an opportunity to help the children develop new relationships before joining a new school where they will find these skills useful when making more new friends
- boosting self-esteem and helping children discover new-found confidence to speak up and use their voices
- creating lifelong memories for the pupils as they make the daunting step from primary to secondary school.
Our range of musicals for children to perform contains some absolute crackers, perfect for ensuring a fun, energetic and dramatic send-off. All our leavers' shows are written entirely with the needs and interests of the children in mind – not to mention the needs of the teachers – with catchy songs, great characters, easy-to-learn lines, staging guidelines and a wealth of supporting material to help the production go smoothly.
Leavers' musicals are about taking a moment in time and making it memorable, which is why we aim to make each of our shows completely unforgettable.
5***** - “I THINK THEY’RE BRILLIANT” – Sarah Lambie, Editor, Teach Drama Magazine