Terms & Conditions
In these terms and conditions, ‘we’ and ‘us’ means: The School Musicals Company Ltd, 11 Stoke Road Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4HW. A company registered in the UK, No: 10230241
The School Musicals Company Ltd trades as ‘The School Musicals Company Ltd’; ‘The School Musicals Co.’ and ‘Theschoolmusicalscompany.com and 'You’ means the person, drama club or school that purchases or receives goods, downloads, licences or services from us.
General Terms & Conditions of Purchase
- These terms and conditions apply to all agreements for the sale and/or for the supply of goods, downloads, licences or services to you, to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions specified by you in your purchase order or any other document. The specific terms and conditions relating to our licences are supplied with the licence and are also on our website.
- All prices quoted in sales or marketing materials including our website are subject to change.
- Payment is required when placing an order, except for orders placed by UK Primary Schools where for certain purchases we can issue an invoice payable in full within 7 days of the date of the invoice. Small businesses like ours rely on swift payments.
- We reserve the right to charge interest on any invoices which remain unpaid beyond the due date at the rate of 5% per annum over the HSBC Bank base rate, from the due date until the date of payment in full.
- We use Royal Mail to deliver our book and CD packs. Delivery dates are given in good faith as an indication of the estimated delivery time and are not a contractual obligation to deliver goods or to perform services at the time stated. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed.
- The ownership of any goods, or the rights imparted by any licence, shall not pass to you until we have received full payment.
- You are responsible for the payment of any carriage charges as included on the invoice. For international orders, we are not responsible for any delays, confiscation or import duties and taxes imposed by local customs authorities. You must pay for those charges directly to the appropriate authority. If orders are not received, we may have to send your replacement order by courier, in which case you will be required to pay the additional carriage costs.
- Due to copyright laws, we are unable to offer inspection copies. Our website provides song clips and script samples which should help you to choose the right musical.
- Our failure at any time or for any period to enforce any one or more of these terms and conditions shall not be a waiver of them or a waiver of our right to enforce such terms and conditions in the future.
- Each of the above terms and conditions shall be read and construed independently of each other so that if one or more is held to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, then the remaining terms and conditions shall continue to be valid.
- No amendment to or verification of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless confirmed in writing.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and we and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Products are guaranteed free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the time of delivery. The guarantee is not liable in respect of any defects arising from fair wear and tear, willful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, misuse or alteration.
Returning An Item
We want you to be delighted every time you purchase from us. Occasionally though, we know you may need to return an item. If you want to return items to us for any reason, please contact us via email at email@example.com
- Please ensure that you check your goods are correct and in full working order upon receipt. If you wait months to try them and then find that there is an issue, it’s harder for us to take them back.
- Under the United Kingdom's Consumer Contracts Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of items within a period of 14 working days, beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. However, we regret that for copyright reasons we cannot accept cancellations of contracts for the purchase of CDs where the item is unsealed, nor for items delivered online or by other electronic means.
- We will not normally refund the original postage charge, unless the items were faulty, incorrect, or fall within Consumer Contracts Regulations.
- Unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is faulty, you will need to pay the delivery charge for returning the goods to us. Please ensure that they are well packaged in order that they return to us in the condition in which they were received, as we reserve the right to offer only a partial refund on items that are returned damaged or soiled. We recommend that you use a recorded delivery service or obtain a certificate of posting, as we can only give refunds for goods we actually receive.
- If you receive a product that is damaged or not working, please notify us immediately by email or phone. We will send you a replacement product free of charge, along with a pre-paid envelope to return the damaged product to us.
- If you receive an incorrect product from us, as a result of our error, please notify us immediately by email or phone. We will send you the correct product free of further charge.
- When making a return, please enclose a note confirming your reason for returning the product.
Payments made at the time of ordering can be made by debit or credit card securely on our website or by telephoning us. Where an invoice or pro-forma invoice has been issued, or you are sending payment with order, we accept payments by:
BACS - Send payment to:
Account Name: The School Musicals Company Ltd
Account Number: 83907325
Sort Code: 40-22-26
- Cheques denominated in Pounds Sterling ONLY made payable to The School Musical Company Ltd
Photocopying, Projecting & Reproduction
All of our material can be used within a classroom setting, without incurring any additional charges.
Photocopying of the published material is permitted under schools' copying licences issued by PML, CLA and CCLI.
UK state schools should report when requested any:
- Copying of the lyrics and music on their Schools Printed Music Licence (SPML) returns
- Copying of the script, teachers' notes & staging instructions on their Copyright Licensing Agency (CLA) returns
Schools that do not have a CLA or SPML licence are permitted under the terms of a School Musicals Company Ltd Performance Licence to:
- Make up to 3 photocopies or printed copies of the script for learning purposes.
- Make up to 3 photocopies or printed copies of the music score for use by participating musicians on the performance dates
- Reproduce the song lyrics on printed paper, e.g. for programmes, to project the lyrics or to display the lyrics electronically, to make transparencies for overhead projection and to display the lyrics on a touchscreen, interactive whiteboard or other type of screen. The following credit should be included with the lyrics: 'Reproduced by kind permission © The School Musicals Company Ltd’.
Please log and report all song usage in assemblies within your annual CCLI return
Performances And Adapting Our Rescources
- If you are using our music for classroom teaching or for school assemblies where members of the public are not present you do not need to obtain a performance licence from us. Please note that schools should log the use of our songs for assemblies as required by their CWCL and CWMRL licences issued by CCLI.
- A performance licence is required by law for the performance of any work involving drama, movement or spoken dialogue (eg a musical). A licence can be purchased with your musical or retrospectively. All of our licences are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and are one fixed price.
- Performances of songs (other than musicals) to an audience other than pupils and staff (eg concerts or class assemblies) are covered by the school's PRS licence.
- You do not need to seek our permission to adapt our scripts or song lyrics.
Digital Downloads Including Instant PDF & MP3 Add-on Packs
- Digital products purchased and downloaded from our website cannot be cancelled or refunded once downloading has commenced. Our download services commence immediately when you click on the link to download a product from our site and you will not have the right to cancel your contract once the services commence. By commencing the download service, you are agreeing that your cancellation period has ended. If you have received an unacceptably poor download, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instant PDFs & MP3 packs are only available as ‘add-ons’ at the time of purchasing a corresponding Book, CD & Instant Performance Licence from our website.
- When purchasing Instant PDFs & MP3 packs, no refund can be issued for the associated product package purchased with the digital download. If elements of the product package are damaged upon receipt, we will replace them free of charge.
- The MP3 song files and digital songbooks may be placed on a school network and shared for educational purposes with pupils and staff within a single establishment. However, the MP3 song files and digital songbooks may not be placed on a parent portal or internet that is accessible beyond the single establishment and may not be shared with any other school or group. Sharing song files beyond your school network could constitute illegal file sharing and be a breach of copyright law.
- You are still required to log the use of our songs on your annual CCLI report, declare copies made of our digital songbooks on your MRL report, and obtain licences for public performances. Please see the Copyright & Licences section on this website.
The School Musicals Company Ltd is committed to providing excellent personal service and always welcome your comments. If you have any comments please contact us.
Breadth of This Agreement
This is the entire agreement between The School Musicals Company Ltd and you relating to the goods, downloads, licences or services and it supersedes any prior representations, discussions, undertakings, communications, or advertising relating to the goods, downloads, licences or services.
If any part of this agreement is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the balance of this agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
The School Musicals Company Ltd, 11 Stoke Road, Guildford, GU1 4HW